The Hertz Bon Voyage campaign was a proof-of-concept project showcasing the power of Teradata’s Digital Marketing Center, as well as Teradata Interactive’s agency services.
My role on the project was two-fold: code the dynamic email based on the data points provided by Hertz and build the campaign architecture in the Digital Marketing Center, based on the specs devised by the Solution Architect (Kamran Kanany) on the project.
Key objectives to prove were:
- Emails could be deployed automatically, 72–96 hours prior to car pick up.
- Generate dynamic content in email based on a multitude of data points.
- Ability to randomly display additional promotional offers to qualified customers.
- Ability to track clickthrough results of promotional offers.
- Automate end-to-end process.
- Role: HTML Email Development and Campaign Architecture Build
- Languages Used: HTML and Java Expression Language/JSP
- Marketing Automation Platform: Digital Marketing Center
- Strategy: Brian Smith
- Solution Architect: Kamran Kanany
- Python Scripting: Nick Silva
- Project Start Date: March 2015
- Project Completion Date: April 2015